🎇 New year resolution equals new habits 💪
Your new year resolution should be a set of new habits to achieve your goals (regardless whether the goals is new this year or not).
Best tip I have regarding personal goal setting:
- Set your goal with the end in mind, be as detailed as you can. Don’t use “Lose weight”, but actually imagine the ideal body you want.
- Define several key metrics related with your goal. Weight probably not the best metric, you can also measure waist size/length, muscle mass, fat %, etc.
- Set a specific target for one or more key metric above.
- Create a set of habits that will help you achieve those target. e.g. workout everyday for at least 10 minutes.
- Create a rhythm for evaluating you habits: daily, weekly, and monthly reviews. Do any course correction nescessary if you find yourself not doing the habit. e.g. Simplify the habit, make the target more achieveable, etc.
Several great resources: